Computer and Internet Use1. Teachers may access the Internet at the ETRC for the purpose of accessing EFL/ESL websites, conducting research on English teaching topics & planning their lessons.
2. E-mailing is allowed for educational purposes.
3. The computers may not be used for playing games, on-line chatting, or accessing non-educational websites.
4. Teachers are welcome to use word processing programs such as Microsoft Word. However, they must not make any changes to the computer settings.
5. Teachers are free to use the ETRC computers to write lesson plans, create worksheets & activities for classroom use & write for professional development. We ask teachers not to use the ETRC computers for personal use, such as writing personal letters or checking e-mail.
6. Teachers can make computer reservations in half-hour blocks. If other teachers are waiting to use the computer, please limit your time to 30 min.
7. Teachers are allowed to access their own flash drives only if they relate to educational purposes.
Printing1. Teachers can print English teaching materials they find on the Internet, such as: ready-made lesson plans, worksheets, rubrics, handouts, and articles.
2. Select only the text you need to print, not the entire webpage.
3. Before printing, please consult the ETRC director or technical assistant.
4. Teachers inside Chisinau can have 5 pages printed per visit, those outside of Chisinau – 20 pages.
Borrowing ETRC printed materialsIf a book has red strip on its cover, it cannot be borrowed.
If a book has yellow strip on its cover, it can be borrowed for an hour.
If a book has orange strip on its cover, it can be borrowed for a week and with green strip - for up to 3 weeks.
Borrowing CDs, audio &video cassettesCDs, audio & video cassettes can be checked out of the ETRC by:
teachers inside Chisinau - for three days, teachers outside of Chisinau - for a week.
N.B. the CDs & the audio cassettes which go with a book can be checked out according to the category to which the book belongs!
ETRC technical resources (cassette recorders, OHP, TV, VCR, CDs, DVDs, etc) is for the use at the ETRC room only.
ETRC Policies for StudentsThird, Fourth & final-year students have access to the ETRC resources for the purpose of conducting research on English teaching topics. For this purpose, third, fourth, and final-year students are given the following privileges:
1. Students cannot check out books from the ETRC; however, they may read & take notes in the ETRC reading area.
2. ETRC resources, such as computers are available to students for research.
3. Students may access the Internet at the ETRC for the purpose of accessing EFL / ESL websites & conducting research on English teaching topics.
4. Students are allowed to use their own flash drives only if they relate to to their research English-teaching topics.
5. Students cannot print materials for free.